Frequently Asked Questions

If you or your loved one have been injured, you probably have a lot of questions.

We have the answers you are looking for and would be happy to help you through this difficult time. Here are some common questions we hear from our clients:

  • Why should I pick your firm to represent me?

    We are experienced at getting top compensation faster than other leading firms. Our goal is to deal with your file as quickly as possible and we will be aggressive in pursuing your best interests at all times.

    Top firms who have been in business for many years typically take on too many files and, like any large organisation, may not be deliver efficient results simply due to their backlog. They may not have time to give every client the amount of attention they need. We believe your lawyer provides an essential service, and must be able to address your concerns directly.

    We have a clinical approach to every file and treat every file as if it is the only file we have.

  • What type of iniuries would entitle me to legal compensation?

    Your injuries generally need to be severe enough that you have suffered financial, emotional or physical loss. These losses may be experienced or discovered minutes, hours or months after the accident. Typical injury cases are the result of car accidents, slip and fall injuries, dog bites, motorcycle accidents or any other type of accident or negligence that causes injury.

  • How much time to I have to decide if I should pursue legal action once I have been injured?

    There are time limits on personal injury damage claims as well as time-lines for pursuing claims against municipalities. If you do not pursuse your rights within the legal time-lines, you will lose your right to pursue the negligent party. Therefore, it is important to call us very early in the process so we ensure your rights are protected.

  • What type of losses will I be compensated for?

    We will help you recover compensation for your past, present and future losses.

  • How can I prove that I have been injured?

    We will help you gather the necessary medical documents and other necessary documents to prove your losses.

  • What do I need to do if I am involved in a car accident?

    It is always a good idea to write down the plate numbers, makes of the car and contact information of all the drivers involved, including their full names. Try to obtain a copy of the police report or self-reporting collision statement. See your doctor or attend at the nearest hospital or walk-in clinic right away to get examined. Call us for legal advice!

  • Can I get compensation if I am injured in an accident outside of Ontario?

    We have represented residents of Ontario injured in a car accident in various cities of the United States and elsewhere, we have also helped those injured in accidents at hotels and on trains, and cruiseships, to name a few. If you are injured outside of Canada it is important to obtain an incident report by reporting the accident to the local police, your hotel, hospital or any other official who may take your report and try to get the contact information from those involved in the incident. Also try and get local medical records before you return home. Come and see us as soon as you are back in Canada and we will discuss next steps.